Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Re-Up Gang is NO MORE *crickets*

According to Sandman via HipHopDX:


"I'm not tryin' to be a god-damned architect or nothin', or else I'd put my time into that. When you have a movement like the Re-Up Gang, something that came out of nowhere that was turned into a cult following, I just don't see how people dropped the ball on the last project. So it didn't make sense for me to stick around if +@$+ ain't in my best interest."


The most interesting quote however is this:

He elaborated further, stating that a key point in his dispute was the album's video, which featured on The Clipse rapping. "It ain't in my best interest to put out a 'Fast Lane' video, after three years of nothing but street-driven music." The album the aforementioned single promoted added to the displeasure "We gave y'all three critically-acclaimed mixtapes just to give y'all this toilet bowl-ass album and their video. To me, it's unjust. The fans are onto it now too, 'Damn, that's it for the Re-Up?' 'Cause now all you hear about is [The Clipse' forthcoming album] Til The Casket Drops. The Re-Up Gang has been phased out; I guess I was just supposed to play along. I'm not no fuckin' nut!"


can't say i didnt see this coming, the Koch project wasnt beneficial for Ab Liva or Sandman at all. They werent even featured in bulk on the Fast Life video. I think I predicted this on my review of the re up gang album way back when, The Clipse' shtick of disappointment is getting old.

Bonus: Sandman's Anchor video

0 comments:

 

Copyright 2007 ID Media Inc, All Right Reserved. Crafted by Nurudin Jauhari